Ciskastreet Consulting and its directors have been involved with a number of projects since it was founded in February 1996. We proudly present the following case studies as a showcase of our high quality services and value added support.
Consolidated Galvanising Services (Pty) Ltd
- Market Study to identify trends and new business opportunities
- Business expansion plan that required a trebling of their production capacity
- IDC loan of R7 million was raised and turnover increased from R20million to R30 million within two years.
Print Africa Group (Pty) Ltd
- Development of a growth strategy
- Market survey and identification of new business opportunities
- Opportunities identified enabled PAG to enter a new market segment
Balance Engineering Systems (Pty) Ltd
- Deal brokering
- Fund raising from the Support Programme for Industrial Innovation
- Development of growth strategy and market assessment
- Identification of companies suitable for take-over or merger
- Streamworks commenced with strategic take-overs and exceeded their turnover and profit targets and their share price increased from 70c to R120 after the announcement of the first 6 months ‘results.
- Identification of market and business opportunities
- Project received support from the European Investment Bank as well as local government departments
Dassault Aviation (France)
- Identification of projects that would qualify for the Department of Trade and Industry’s counter trade incentive schemes on the armaments proposals for the South African Defence Force Contracts
- The projects selected by Ciskastreetexceeded expectations and were applauded by the DTI.
- Management buy-out
- Due diligence
- Preparation of prospectus for potential investors
- Raised funds through the IDC for the buy-out
Kolosus Automotive Leather
- Development of a project proposal for the implementation of a batch tracking and production planning system
- Identified and compiled an investment proposal for the commercialisation of a new biochemical process used to extract protein from soybeans
Eskom New Business Development
- Ciskastreettogether with a black owned consulting firm, ELR Tax, Financial and Business Consultants CC, was awarded a contract by the New Business Development department of ESKOM to assess electricity intensive business opportunities in South Africa.
- Projects included: included glass brick manufacturing, foundries, metal processing, ferrite magnets etc.
- National and multinational due diligence investigations
- Assessment of technology platform and market opportunities for selected companies
- Deals values ranged from R500m to R1,400m
Thermtron Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Development of a business plan to support new enterprise and market development initiatives
PSD Consulting and PSD Projects
- Development of a BEE strategy
- Assistance with the transformation process to achieve BEE status and integrate black professionals into the company’s management and ownership structure
Dark Fibre Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Development of business plan and financial projections for open fibre network in South Africa
- Business plan was used to raise R600m from the DBSA and ca R300m from other financial institutions
Ciskastreet was mandated by ABSA CPE to sell its equity stake in CIVH (Key investor in DFA). CSA compiled an investment prospectus and managed the DD process for interested investors. PAIDF (Pan Africa Infrastructure Development Fund) acquired the shares for R230m.
- Optimization of distribution services and warehouse management
Wuhan Iron and Steel Group – WISCO (China)
- Ciskastreet and Blueprint conducted a techno-economic survey and assessment into the transmission and distribution network development in South African and Sub-Sahara Africa.
SA Cement Producer (name withheld due to confidential agreement)*
- Ciskastreet and Blueprint conducts bi-annual surveys of the South African construction industry and demand for cement and concrete products.
- Blueprint and Ciskastreet conducted a techno-economic assessment and compiled a business plan to raise finance for the local establishment of a sweet manufacturing plant on behalf of Saday Sweets and Le Americana (Columbia).
Toshiba Plc (UK)
- Market survey and demand analysis for hydro turbine generators in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Murray & Roberts Foundries
- Benchmark study of local and international foundries
- Competitiveness Improvement
South African Stainless Steel Development Association (SASSDA)
Survey to assess international business potential for various locally manufactured stainless steel. The survey covered industrial markets in Europe, USA, Pacific Rim countries, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
IDC of SA Limited
- Ciskastreet and AIH is currently involved in a technical and economic viability assessment of the Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle industry in South African and Sub-Saharan Africa. The study involves the assessment of market opportunities in the designated areas of the African continent, the value chain and specifically the establishment of a South African-based assembly facility.
Agriculture and Agro-industry
- Feasibility assessment of investment in an expansion project
- Technical appraisal of the business
The Du Roi Group of Companies
- Business development
- Development plan
Tshwane Metropolitan Council – Urban Agricultural projects
- Development of Sustainable Agricultural Plan for the Tshwane Metropolitan region
- Identification of business ventures in agriculture and the development of implementation business plans
Department of Agriculture
- Assessment of the economic viability of a number of fresh produce markets in South Africa
- Conduct feasibility study and develop business plans and financial model for the establishment of a fertilizer blending plant and soil and leaf analysis laboratory in Khartoum, Sudan
Anglo Platinum and Assmang Chrome Mine
- Feasibility study for the establishment of a community agriculture project in Burgersfort.
- Business valuation and growth opportunity assessment
- Survey of market and business opportunities for new products
- Detailed competitor analysis
- Value chain analysis
Citrus Research International
- Business plan development
- Fund raising
- TIA invested in the project and it is currently considering its first expansion to treble production
- Development of business plan for expansion
LemonEx (Pty) Ltd
- Ciskastreet is currently managing the establishment of a 2,000ha lemon project in Mpumalanga. Downstream processing includes lemon oil extraction, juice concentrate manufacture and pectin recovery. Total investment = R700m. Financial partners include NEF, IDC and LandBank